Welcome to Episode 182 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast!
This week, we discuss the return of Marvel’s Secret Wars, the upcoming relaunch of Uncanny Avengers, and Warner Brothers’ 2016-2020 DC Comics film slate.
Plus, we fill in a relapsing comic junkie on everything he missed at the turn of the millenium in our Comic Pushers segment.
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — The Thrilling Adventure Hour Presents Sparks Nevada: Marshal on Mars #0 and Beyond Belief #0 from Workjuice Corp. by Ben Acker, Ben Blacker, J. Bone, and Phil Hester
- Matt — Death of Wolverine #4 from Marvel Comics by Charles Soule and Steve McNiven
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Q2: The Return of Quantum & Woody #1 (Valiant)
- Original Sin Annual #1 (Marvel)
- Edge of Spider-Verse #5 (Marvel)
- Skylanders #1 (IDW)
- Uncle Grandpa #1 (kaboom!)
- Trinity of Sin #1 (DC)
- Sleepy Hollow #1 (BOOM!)
- The Evil Within #1 (Titan Comics)
- Flash Gordon #6 (Dynamite)
- Justice League #35 (DC)
Picks for next week:
- Joe — Memetic #1 from BOOM! Studios by James Tynion IV and Eryk Donovan
- Matt — 13 Coins #1 from Titan Comics by Martin Brennan and Simon Bisley
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- The Complete Quantum & Woddy Classic Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment by Christopher Priest and M.D. Bright
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Big News II by Clutch, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Comic Pushers Theme — Pusher Man by Curtis Mayfield, Does That Make Sense by The Jealous Sound, Nightcall by Kavinsky, Radio Ga Ga by Queen, My Favorite Martian theme song, Izzo (H.O.V.A.) by Jay-Z, If You’re Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band) by Alabama, and other fine songs that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners, but didn’t get listed because Matt is still editing as I type these notes.