Welcome to Episode 193 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast!
This week, we discuss the launch of the Image Direct subscription service, Marvel’s upcoming True Believers reprint promotion, and the return of Mark Waid and Barry Kitson’s Empire!
Plus, we help a sad tweaker get his Scott Lang fix in our Comic Pushers segment!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — Star Wars #1 from Marvel Comics by Jason Aaron and John Cassaday
- Matt — Conan/Red Sonja #1 from Dark Horse Comics by Gail Simone, Jib Zubkavitch, and Dan Panosian
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Fables: The Wolf Among Us #1 (DC/Vertigo)
- Mortal Kombat X #1 (DC)
- Boom Box 2014 Mix Tape One-Shot (BOOM!)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. #2 (Marvel)
- Jupiter’s Legacy #5 (Image)
- Vampirella #100 (Dynamite)
- Adventure Time: Marceline Gone Adrift #1 (kaboom!)
- Rat Queens: Braga Special #1 (Image)
- Green Lantern Corps #38 (DC)
- Avengers #34.2 (Marvel)
Picks for next week:
- Joe — Galaxy Quest: The Journey Continues #1 from IDW by Erik Burnham and Nacho Arranz
- Matt — Holy F*uck #1 from Action Lab/Danger Zone by Nick Marino and Daniel Arruda Massa
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- March Book Two GN from IDW/Top Shelf by Jon Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Big News II by Clutch, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Comic Pushers Theme — Pusher Man by Curtis Mayfield, I Wish by Skee-Lo, Big Boss Man by Bobbie Gentry, Where Did You Come From by The Buckinghams, Main Title Theme from Red Sonja by Ennio Morricone, By the Time I Get to Arizona by Public Enemy, Desperate But Not Serious by Adam Ant, Antmusic by Adam & The Ants, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised by Gill Scott Heron, and other fine songs that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners, but didn’t get listed because Matt is still editing as I type these notes.