Welcome to Episode 214 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast!
This week, we discuss the ever-forming shape of All-New, All-Different Marvel, Sony and Marvel’s official picks for star and director of the Spider-Man reboot, and Dark Horse Comics joining Comixology
Plus, we review The Complete Pistolwhip from Dark Horse by Jason Hall and Matt Kindt in our Take a Look It’s In a Book segment.
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — X-Men ’92 #1 from Marvel Comics by Chris Sims, Chad Bowers, and Scott Koblish
- Matt — We Are Robin #1 from DC Comics by Lee Bermejo, Rob Haynes, and Jorge Corona
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Superman #41 (DC)
- Green Lantern: The Lost Army #1 (DC)
- Venture #1 (Action Lab)
- Ant-Man: Larger Than Life One-Shot (Marvel)
- Mulan Revelations #1 (Dark Horse)
- E Is for Extinction #1 (Marvel)
- Flash #41 (DC)
- The Shadow #100 (Dynamite)
- The Korvac Saga #1 (Marvel)
- Evil Dead 2: Beyond Dead By Dawn #1 (Space Goat)
Picks for next week:
- Joe — We Stand on Guard #1 from Image Comics by Brian K. Vaughan and Steve Skroce
- Matt — Grant Morrison’s 18 Days #1 from Graphic India by Grant Morrison and Jeevan Kang
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- King Size Kirby Slipcase HC from Marvel Comics by Jack Kirby and Various
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
You can also find THN on Stitcher Radio!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Big News II by Clutch, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Take a Look Theme — the Reading Rainbow theme song (sort of), Spiderman by Grupo Maravilla, Take a Stand by Youth of Today, Bad Words by Circle Jerks, No One Is to Blame by Howard Jones, King of Kings by Motorhead, I Want to Break Free by Queen, and other fine songs that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners, but didn’t get listed because Matt is still editing as I type these notes.