In today’s latest Girl Meets Nerd adventure, I’m going to get a little deep. You see, this week is my three year wedding anniversary (November 20 to be exact. If you see out me that night, you should buy me a drink).
Last year, to celebrate, we spent a week out in Washington D.C. and saw Jay-Z and Kayne’s ‘Watch the Throne’ tour. I am pretty sure that was one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed and all anniversary celebrations from here on out will fail in comparison. Case in point: for this anniversary, I tried to purchase my husband an Aaron Rodgers (who is not overrated like my arch nemesis TONY ROMO) jersey as a gift. He’s a huge Packers fan and has mentioned his desire for a new jersey for some time now. Since I am such a great wife and listener, I went ahead and ordered one. Alas, long story short (not really, deal with it) my credit card was hacked and the order was canceled (whomp, whomp).
Since there are no gifts this year, mainly due to Jay-Z’s greatness and the thievery of my bank card, I decided to list the top ten reasons why I love my husband. Enjoy!
10. He dances with me. This is a big deal. Do you know what it’s like to be at a grocery store, hear a song with a killer beat and have someone immediately jump in and dance with you when you are breaking it down Whitney-Houston-shoulder-bop-style? You need to, because it’s awesome.
9. His celebrity doppelgänger is Charlie Day, one of the stars of ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,’ which alone has brought me so much joy. My husband resembles Charlie some, but more so than anything, they both have the same voice (starts normal, then when excited becomes in the words of Randy Jackson, “Dawg, that was a little pitchy”) and mannerisms. In perfect Charlie form, if you tell my husband (which Amy, the perfect stranger/lesbian at the bar last night, and my mother both have) that he reminds you of Charlie Day, his response, “Really? Because I see myself as more of a Mac.” The best part: he’s dead serious.
8. HE DIDN’T COMPLAIN ONCE DURING ‘PITCH PERFECT!’ He hated it and totally bitched about it for hours once the movie was over, but not once during the film. That is true love.
7. He’s funny. If you don’t believe me, just listen to any episode of The Two-Headed Nerd podcast (“Comicast,” thanks loyal wife *editor’s note). The fact that we are always laughing even after 10 years is pretty impressive in my book (I give you permission to ‘ahhhhhh’ at this).
6. He comes to many work events and parties with me and actually BEHAVES. No cussing, no dick jokes, no nerd talk, he acts straight-up classy. One exception would be when he told the Chancellor’s wife that a tie someone gifted her husband would make him look like a Pimp.
5. He puts up with me when I am being a huge bitch. I know, shocking, but yes, sometimes I am a bitch. He deals with it, so should you.
4. He cooks for me and it is DELICIOUS! I might not always admit it, but very rarely does he make something that I do not enjoy. This is going to come back and haunt me, I can’t wait.
3. He encourages me writing a blog about him. You’ve seen the posts; he does not edit anything to make himself seem like less of a nerd (I wouldn’t know where to begin editing *editor’s note).
2. He is the reason I tried sushi 10 years ago, got to stand backstage while M83 performed at FYF, and became obsessed with ‘Game of Thrones’ (TV series and the books). Basically he is the reason that I have been exposed to new things and experiences that, if by myself or with someone else, I might not have ever enjoyed.
1. He loves me more than ninjas, beer, comics, the pugs and hockey. Fact (notice Godzilla is not on this list *editor’s note.) (Godzilla was never on this list, you can’t keep changing the list rules. Double fact. *wife’s note).
Happy anniversary Matt Baum, cheers too many more. I love your face! (Love you too sweets *editor’s note).
Kacie Baum is a professional partier, mother of two pugs, and the wife of Matt Baum. She tolerates the constant presence of the Two-Headed Nerd in her home each week. She did not write this bio. Pre-THN entries of Girl Meets Nerd can be found here.