Welcome to Episode 194 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast!
This week, we discuss the end of the Marvel Universe as we know it, Atomic Robo’s transition to webcomics, and the curious case of IDW’s Disney comics relaunch.
Plus, we review Blacksad: Amarillo from Dark Horse Books in our Take a Look It’s In a Book Segment!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — Powers #1 from Marvel/Icon by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming
- Matt — Ivar, Timewalker #1 from Valiant Entertainment by Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Galaxy Quest: The Journey Continues #1 (IDW)
- G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes – Agent of Cobra #1 (IDW)
- Fantastic Four #642 (Marvel)
- Henchmen: I, Henchbot #1 (Robot Paper)
- Patrick D. Pidgeon’s Creeple Peeple #1 (IDW)
- Burning Fields #1 (BOOM!)
- Twilight Zone: Shadow and Substance #1 (Dynamite)
- Millenium #1 (IDW)
- Holy F*ck #1 (Action Lab/Danger Zone)
- Groo: Friends and Foes #1 (Dark Horse)
Picks for next week:
- Joe — The Multiversity Guidebook #1 from DC Comics by Grant Morrison and various artists
- Matt — King: Flash Gordon #1 from Dynamite Entertainment by Ben Acker, Ben Blacker, and Lee Ferguson
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- The Life After Vol. 1 TP from Oni Press by Joshua Hale Fialkov and Gabo
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Big News II by Clutch, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Take a Look Theme — the Reading Rainbow theme song (sort of), World of War by Helloween, What Corporate Rock Can’t Say by Good Clean Fun, Jaded by GRMLN, Time Has Come Today by The Chambers Brothers, Raw Power by Iggy & The Stooges, The Host of Seraphim by Dead Can Dance, Cool for Cats by Squeeze, and other fine songs that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners, but didn’t get listed because Matt is still editing as I type these notes.