Welcome to Episode 89 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comicast!!!
This week, we discuss the upcoming JLA-centric expansions to DC’s New 52, the cancellation of Hellblazer/shift of John Constantine from Vertigo to the DC Universe for good, and the introduction of DC characters like Count Vertigo and Deathstroke to The CW’s Arrow series.
Plus, we discuss proper spoiler etiquette in our Ask A Nerd segment!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our all-new, web exclusive feature, Answer of the Week, availabel ONLY at TwoHeadedNerd.com!
** URGENT MESSAGE FROM THE NERDS AT THN: We have been having some technical issues with the show NOT showing up in iTunes. We’re working on it, and appreciate your patience while we deal with the problem. If you can’t find our past episodes in iTunes, you can download them directly from our website by right-clicking the “download” link on each episode’s post and choosing “save link as.” **
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — Iron Man #1 from Marvel Comics
- Matt — Deadpool #1 from Marvel Comics
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- AvX Consequences #5 from Marvel Comics
- Freelancers #1 from BOOM Studios
- G.I. Joe/Danger Girl #4 from IDW
- Colder #1 from Dark Horse Comics
- Shadowman #1 from Valiant Entertainment
- 47 Ronin #1 from Dark Horse Comics
- Storm Dogs #1 from Image Comics
- Perhapanauts: Danger Down Under #1 from Image Comics
- Hellraiser: The Road Below #1 from BOOM Studios
- Uncanny X-Force #33 from Marvel Comics
Picks for next week:
- Joe — All-New X-Men #1 from Marvel Comics by BM Bendis and Stuart Immonen
- Matt — Where is Jake Ellis #1 from Image Comics by Nathan Edmondson and Tonci Zonjic
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- Fables: Werewolves of the Heartland HC from Vertigo by Bill Willingham, Craig Hamilton, and Jim Fern
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Here is the News by ELO, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Blazing Arrow by Blackalicious, Let the Critics Wonder by The Jayhawks, Looney Tunes Theme by Massimo Farao et al., Small Man Big Mouth by Minor Threat, Hop Toad by Blood Ceremony, Black President by Nas, Love is the Answer by England Dan and John Ford Coley (Answer of the Week), Love is Not the Answer by The Darkness (Answer of the Week).