Welcome to Episode 130 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast!
This week, we discuss Mark Waid’s foray into brick and mortar comic book retailing, the new movie rumors surrounding Katee Sackoff and Captain Marvel, and DC’s latest PR debacle: the departure of J.H. Williams III and W. Haden Blackman from Batwoman.
Plus, someone has the guts to Ask A Nerd what Villains Month titles are going to be worth reading!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — X-Men Battle of the Atom #1 from Marvel Comics by Brian Michael Bendis and Frank Cho
- Matt — The Star Wars #1 from Dark Horse Comics by J.W. Rinzler and Mike Mayhew
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Forever Evil #1 from DC Comics
- Superman #23.1 Bizarro from DC Comics
- Batman Black and White #1 from DC Comics
- Justice League Dark #23.1 The Creeper from DC Comics
- Batman #23.1 The Joker from DC Comics
- The Hit #1 from BOOM Studios
- God is Dead #1 from Avatar Press
- Reality Check #1 from Image Comics
- Codename Action #1 from Dynamite Entertainment
- Iron Man #15 from Marvel Comics
Picks for next week:
- Joe — Mighty Avengers #1 from Marvel Comics by Al Ewing and Greg Land
- Matt — Sons of Anarchy #1 from BOOM Studios by Christopher Golden and Damian Coueciro
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- S.H.I.E.L.D. by Jim Steranko: The Complete Collection TP from Marvel Comics by Jim Steranko and Jack Kirby
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Here is the News by ELO, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Ask A Nerd Theme — They’re So Incredible from the Revenge of the Nerds soundtrack, Do It Now by Mos Def and Busta Rhymes, Am I Evil by Metallica, You’ll Love It by Sven Libaek, and many other pieces of music that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners.