Welcome to Episode 131 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast!
This week, we discuss the announcement of All-New Marvel NOW, Warren Ellis’ return to Marvel as co-writer of Avengers Assemble, and some positive news about DC creative changes.
Plus, Joe’s rapping again, which can only mean one thing; the Comic Pushers are back!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — Mighty Avengers #1 from Marvel Comics by Al Ewing and Greg Land
- Matt — Eternal Warrior #1 from Valiant Entertainment by Greg Pak and Trevor Hairsine
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- X-Men #5 from Marvel Comics
- Brain Boy #1 from Dark Horse Comics
- Detective Comics #23.2 Harley Quinn from DC Comics
- Batman & Robin #23.2 The Court of Owls from DC Comics
- Justice League #23.2 Lobo from DC Comics
- Kings Watch #1 from Dynamite Entertainment
- Mythopolis #1 from Aarden Entertainment
- Infinity: The Hunt #1 from Marvel Comics
- Sons of Anarchy #1 from BOOM Studios
- Captain America #11 from Marvel Comics
Picks for next week:
- Joe — Zero #1 from Image Comics by Ales Kot and Michael Walsh
- Matt — Buzzkill #1 from Dark Horse Comics by Donny Cates, Mark Reznicek, and Geoff Shaw
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- Five Ghosts Vol. 1: The Haunting of Fabian Gray TP from Image Comics by Frank J. Barbiere and Chris Mooneyham
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Here is the News by ELO, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Comic Pushers Theme — Pusher Man by Curtis Mayfield, Anti-Manifesto by Propagandhi, The Secret of My Success by Night Ranger, Jamieo by John Wizards, (Get A) Grip (On Yourself) by The Stranglers, On to the Next One by Jay-Z, Heaven and Hell (Part 1) by Vangelis and John Anderson, Rico Suave by Gerardo, and many other pieces of music that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners.