Welcome to Episode 132 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast!
This week, we discuss rumors of Marve’s Agent Carter heading to television, Joss Whedon getting called in to “fix” Thor: The Dark World, and the upcoming Walking Dead spin-off show!
Plus, in this month’s Take A Look It’s in a Book segment, we review Edison Rex Vol. 1 from Monkeybrain Comics!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — Zero #1 from Image Comics by Ales Kot and Michael Walsh
- Matt — Buzzkill #1 from Dark Horse Comics by Donny Cates, Mark Reznicek, and Geoff Shaw
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Kiss Me Satan #1 from Dark Horse Comics
- Thor God of Thunder #13 from Marvel Comics
- Justice League of America #7.3 Shadow Thief from DC Comics
- Action Comics #23.3 Lex Luthor from DC Comics
- Swamp Thing #23.1 Arcane from DC Comics
- All-New Executive Assistant Iris #1 from Aspen Comics
- Crossed Special 2013 from Avatar Press
- Superior Spider-Man #18 from Marvel Comics
- Mega Man #29 from Archie Comics
- Batman the Dark Knight #23.3 Clayface from DC Comics
Picks for next week:
- Joe — East of West #6 from Image Comics by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Dragotta
- Matt — Sex Criminals #1 from Image Comics by Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- Sin Titulo HC from Dark Horse Comics by Cameron Stewart
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Here is the News by ELO, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Take A Look Theme — the Reading Rainbow theme song all slowified, Geordie La Forge by The Low Frequency In Stereo, One Way Love (Better Off Dead) by E.G. Daily, Possum Kingdom by The Toadies, Surfing With the Alien by Joe Satriani, Peanuts by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass, and many other fine selections that are copyright/trademark their respective owners/artists.