Welcome to Episode 142 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast!
This week, we discuss the controversial Wonder Woman casting, Marvel’s upcoming launch of a new Magneto series and a Jason Aaron-less Wolverine and The X-Men, and the first title in Mark Millar’s upcoming superhero line Starlight.
Plus, we try to wade through the Hank Pym quagmire in our Ask A Nerd segment!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — Rover Red Charlie #1 from Avatar Press by Garth Ennis and Michael DiPascale
- Matt — Terminator: Salvation – The Final Battle #1 from Dark Horse by J. Michael Straczynski and Pete Woods
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Amazing Spider-Man #700.1 (Marvel)
- Inhumanity #1 (Marvel)
- Indestructible Hulk Annual #1 (Marvel)
- Shadowman #13 (Valiant)
- Trillium #5 (Vertigo)
- Deadworld: Restoration #1 (IDW)
- Grimm Fairy Tales Holiday Edition 2013 (Zenescope)
- Six-Gun Gorilla #6 (Boom)
- Absolution: Happy Kitty Special #1 (Avatar)
- Hawken: Melee #1 (Archaia)
Picks for next week:
- Joe — Justice League 3000 #1 from DC Comics by Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis, and Howard Porter
- Matt — Doc Savage: Man of Bronze #1 from Dynamite Entertainment by Chris Roberson and Bilquis Evely
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- Sheltered Vol. 1 from Image Comics by Ed Brisson and Johnnie Christmas
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Here is the News by ELO, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Ask A Nerd Theme — They’re So Incredible from the Revenge of the Nerds soundtrack, I’m On Drugs by Serious Drinking, Out of Time by The Ramones, Were My Dogs At by DMX, Pitkin County Turnaround by Steve Martin, Deck the Halls by Jacob Miller and Ray I, Look I Just Don’t Like You by Piebald, and other fine songs that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners.