Welcome to Episode 197 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast!
This week, we discuss Marvel and Sony’s agreement to share control of Spider-Man, the addition of comics to the subscription service Scribd, and Vertigo’s upcoming tie-ins to Mad Max: Fury Road.
Plus, we talk about our favorite romances in comics in our Comic Pushers segment!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — Darth Vader #1 from Marvel Comics by Kieron Gillen and Salvador Larroca
- Matt — Divinity #1 from Valiant Entertainment by Matt Kindt and Trevor Hairsine
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Harley Quinn Valentine’s Day Special (DC)
- Secret Six #2 (DC)
- Spider-Woman #4 (Marvel)
- Help Us, Great Warrior #1 (Boom Box)
- All-New X-Men #36 (Marvel)
- Coffin Hill #15 (DC/Vertigo)
- The Empty #1 (Image)
- Abe Sapien #20 (Dark Horse)
- Witchblade #180 (Image/Top Cow)
- The Harvester #1 (Legendary)
Picks for next week:
- Joe — Secret Identities #1 from Image Comics by Brian Joines, Jay Faerber, Ilias Kyriazis, and Charlie Kirchoff
- Matt — Ei8ht #1 from Dark Horse Comics by Rafael Albuquerque
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- Scalped Deluxe Edition HC Vol. 1 from Vertigo Comics by Jason Aaron and RM Guera
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Big News II by Clutch, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Comic Pushers Theme — Pusher Man by Curtis Mayfield, Mardi Gras Day by Kermit Ruffins and the Rebirth Brass Band, Mad Max main title theme by Brian May, Rules by Wu-Tang Clan, Mladek by Russian Circles, Go to the Mardi Gras by Professor Longhair, (They Long To Be) Close To You by The Carpenters, Friend by Biz Markie, and other fine songs that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners, but didn’t get listed because Matt is still editing as I type these notes.