Welcome to Episode 207 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast, featuring WOOLY TOOTS!
This week, we discuss the announcement of Daniel Clowes’ new graphic novel, rumors about the future of the X-Men and Fantastic Four at Marvel, and the reveal of David Ayer’s Suicide Squad.
Plus, we tackle the tough questions in our Ask a Nerd segment!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Jared — Swords of Sorrow #1 from Dynamite Entertainment by Gail Simone and Sergio Davila
- Matt — Secret Wars #1 from Marvel Comics by Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Guardians Team-Up #5 (Marvel)
- Baltimore: The Cult of the Red King #1 (Dark Horse)
- Rachel Rising #33 (Abstract Studio)
- Day Men #7 (BOOM!)
- John Carter: Warlord of Mars #6 (Dynamite)
- Arcadia #1 (BOOM!)
- Wonder Woman ’77 Special (DC)
- Dead Drop #1 (Valiant)
- Inhuman Annual #1 (Marvel)
Picks for next week:
- Jared — Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard Vol. 3 #3 from Archaia by David Peterson
- Matt — Injection #1 from Image Comics by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey, and Jordie Bellaire
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- Ghetto Brother: Warrior to Peacemaker from NBM by Julian Voloj and Claudia Ahlering
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Big News II by Clutch, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Ask a Nerd Theme — They’re So Incredible from the Revenge of the Nerds soundtrack, and other fine songs that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners, but didn’t get listed because Matt is still editing as I type these notes.