Welcome to Episode 189 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast, the 3rd Annual Holiday Drunk Show!
This week, we discuss the potential potential crossover between Marvel Studios and Sony’s Spider-Man franchise, Jonathan Frakes’ desire to direct Star Trek 3, and the upcoming $.25 issue of Invincible.
Plus, we try to get deep about one Listenerd’s love/hate relationship with Jonathan Hickman in our Ask a Nerd segment!
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Joe — Bitch Planet #1 from Image Comics by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine DeLandro
- Matt — The Valiant #1 from Valiant Entertainment by Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt, and Paolo Rivera
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Spider-Man and the X-Men #1 (Marvel)
- Guardians of the Galaxy #1 (Marvel)
- The Private Eye #9 (Panel Syndicate)
- Eternal #1 (BOOM!)
- Southern Dog #4 (Action Lab)
- Herald: Lovercraft and Tesla #1 (Action Lab)
- Lady Demon #1 (Dynamite)
- Savage Dragon #200 (Image)
- Avengers & X-Men: Axis #7 (Marvel)
- FBP #16 (DC/Vertigo)
Picks for next week:
- Joe — Rumble #1 from Image Comics by John Arcudi and James Harren
- Matt — The Multiversity: Thunderworld #1 (DC)
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- Star Trek: The Complete Adventures Vol. 1 from IDW by Mike Johnson and Various
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Big News II by Clutch, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Ask a Nerd Theme — They’re So Incredible from the Revenge of the Nerds soundtrack, No Quarter by Led Zeppelin, Mr. Roboto by Styx, and other fine songs that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners, but didn’t get listed because Matt is still editing as I type these notes.