Welcome to Episode 208 of the Two-Headed Nerd Comic Book Podcast, featuring WOOLY TOOTS!
This week, we discuss the curious case of the Archie Comics Kickstarter, the newly-announced New Mutants spinoff film, and DC’s assault of the airwaves with Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.
Plus, the Comic Pushers are back, looking at the best post-apocalyptic comics on the stands.
Hey! Don’t forget to check out our other podcast, the Answer of the Week, where we talk about the latest Question of the Week with all of YOUR responses!
And when you’re done listening to this week’s episode, head over to the THN Forums to discuss it with your fellow Listenerds!
This week’s reviews:
- Jared — Harrow County #1 from Dark Horse Comics by Cullen Bunn and Tyler Crook
- Matt — The Auteur: Sister Bambi #1 from Oni Press by Rick Spears and James Callahan
Ludicrous Speed Round:
- Pathfinder Origins #4 (Dynamite)
- The Mantle #1 (Image)
- Saga #28 (Image)
- The Sixth Gun: Dust to Dust #3 (Oni)
- Abe Sapien #23 (Dark Horse)
- Lantern City #1 (Archaia)
- Mythic #1 (Image)
- Thor #8 (Marvel)
- Injection #1 (Image)
- Rebels #2 (Dark Horse)
Picks for next week:
- Jared — Mad Max Fury Road: Nux & Immortan Joe #1 from Vertigo Comics by George Miller and Riccardo Burchielli
- Matt — A-Force #1 from Marvel Comics by Marguerite Bennett, G. Willow Wilson, and Jorge Molina
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week:
- Ivar, Timewalker Vol. 1: Making History TP from Valiant Entertainment by Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry
Tune in to TwoHeadedNerd.com! You can subscribe to ALL of THN’s updates, including the weekly episodes and all of the written content from the THN Love Slaves, by entering your e-mail address into the subscription form on the right side of the page. Have no fear: your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or spammed.
If you like what you heard, please consider donating to The Two-Headed Nerd. We’re glad to spend some cash to keep the show running, but we need YOUR help if we’re going grow THN to its full potential. Every cent you feel led to give is deeply appreciated and NO amount is too small. Donating is simple — just click the DONATE button on the THN homepage to use our secure, Paypal-powered system.
You can subscribe to the show on iTunes! Simply search for “Two Headed Nerd” in the iTunes store or click here! While you’re there, help THNCC get noticed by leaving a star rating and/or writing a review. We need your help to spread the word!
Our theme music is A Better Tomorrow by Dan the Automator. Other music found in this week’s episode was provided by the following sources: Big News Theme — Big News II by Clutch, Ludicrous Speed Round Theme — Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce featuring Dark Helmet, Comic Pushers Theme — Pusher Man by Curtis Mayfield, Me and Lazarus by Iron & Wine, Witchcraft by Marvin Gaye, Max the Hunter by Brian May, and other fine songs that are copyright/trademark their respective artists/owners, but didn’t get listed because Matt is still editing as I type these notes.