Welcome to Two-Headed Nerd Episode #652 where our sentient Cosmic Longbox is forcing us into classic comic book reviews based on a theme. This time our theme is “Comics in Court!” Heroes and villains on trial is one of our favorite comic tropes and we’ll be looking at grand jury sessions, intergalactic tribunals, and even international criminal court proceedings in classic comics!
This Week’s Reviews:
- Fantastic Four #262, Marvel 1984
- Legion of Super-Heroes #51, DC 1988
- New Warriors #25, Marvel 1992
- Action Comics #737, DC 1997
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1, #200, Marvel 1985
- Superman #106, DC, 1995
- She-Hulk Vol 2, #7, Marvel 2005
- Manhunter Vol 3 27, DC 2007
Then it’s time to talk about our must-read picks for next week’s new comics in the THN Sanctum Sanctorum:
Joe’s Pick for Next Week:
Matt’s Pick for Next Week:
Trade/Graphic Novel of the Week
Required Reading (Comics We Mentioned on the Show):
- Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes #233, DC
- Adventures of Superman #455, DC
- The Trial of Superman, DC
- Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1, #270, Marvel
- Countdown to Infinite Crisis, DC
- Superman Sacrifice, DC
This Episode’s Soundtrack:
- Godzilla March BreakBeat by DJ RX-78
- Law and Order Rap Remix by Trap Remix Guys (Theme by Mark Post)
- SET THE BAR w/ VON STORM by yungmaple
- I by ULLYSSES & STONE
All music in this episode is 100% free-use, royalty-free, or used with the express permission of the artist, and all of those other fun words that mean we didn’t infringe on any copyrights!
Don’t forget about our companion show, THN COVER TO COVER! We do it on Facebook Live Saturdays at 10:30 AM Central. You can call us at 402-819-4894 or click our Call Now button on our Facebook page. Or shoot us an mp3 to [email protected] with your answer to…
The Question of the Week:
This week’s question was inspired by this episode! What is your favorite comic book trial?
You can also join in the fun with your fellow Listenerds on the THN Facebook Fan Page!
If you like what you heard, please consider donating! THN is a listener-supported podcast that we aim to keep ad-free and without your support, we don’t have a show. You can become a Patron where you’ll hear all kinds of Patreon-exclusive content or just make a one-time donation via Paypal because you’re a comic-nerd of the highest quality!