Twitter might be my most favorite of all the social media offerings. It’s informative, timely and exceptionally weird in the best way. Bonus, you only have 140 characters to get to your point. Perfect for those of us with short attention spans.
Every now and then I get on some sort of obsession on twitter. First it was my obsession to get Baskin-Robbins to follow me (success). Second was to get Nathan Fillion to retweet or respond to my nonsense that I’d randomly tag him in for one weekend (fail). Third was to harass Pop Tarts, which, is still one of my most favorite twitter activities (it’s the little things people!). My forth and most recent obsession was a total fluke.
Whilst tweeting about wanting to day drink due to the lovely April weather, but then stating why I could not (it may have to do with me working because of THIS. Science, bitches!), I went to one of my most favorite hashtags, #gettinpaper, and was going to accompany it with my other fave tag, #thuganyway. Well a funny thing happened on a way to thuganyway. I typed #th and to my delight the tag #ThanksOneDirection popped up. My big brown eyes lit up and a smile spread across my face. Right then and there I knew that was my new obsession. I would now tweet away and end each tweet with that delicious new hashtag.
After a few dumb ass, yet hilarious (my mom thinks I’m funny), tweets using the new tag, I decided to actually see what it was associated with.
#ThanksOneDirection, is actually just that. A bunch of tweets thanking the pop band, One Direction. Side, OH MY GOD. I just spent 45 minutes watching videos, looking at pictures and reading about this band. The things I do for you people! 45 minutes of One Direction, YOU GUYS!!!! End side. Most of them young looking girls thanking the band for helping them through tough times, or for putting out music that has saved their souls and made them smile. Not one jerk ass tweet, like yours truly. I felt bad for a microsecond, but then remembered, it’s just twitter.
Below are my tweets with the infamous hashtag. If you are on twitter I encourage you to join the fun. Then when you get bored with such, starting April 24, through the 27, you and your friends and families should come out to the *ahem, plug* Nebraska Science Festival, #thanksonedirection. Enjoy!
- This weather makes me want to day drink! But I’m working so it’ll have to wait. #gettinpaper #ThanksOneDirection
- Can your stomach eat itself due to extreme hunger? Think I’m about to find out. #ThanksOneDirection
- @dxxxdgxxxxz @mattbaumstein she’s gone to rehab and then fired her parents. Downward spiral!#ThanksOneDirection (fun fact, this is in response for me declaring to my husband that I believe Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are the new younger version of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown)
- I attended an “adult party” tonight aka wine, over 40 yrs, etc. #ThanksOneDirection
- China Garden sent me a flyer saying they will deliver all days, rain or shine. Happy Easter to me. #ThanksOneDirection
- I had a dream where someone made me a giant @PopTarts411 pie! It was a shame I woke up. #ThanksOneDirection
- Scruff is the new Grindr. The more you know! #ThanksOneDirection
- My yoga instructor told me I’d be super limber due to my earlier wine consumption. #ThanksOneDirection
Kacie Baum is a professional partier, mother of two pugs, and the wife of Matt Baum. She tolerates the constant presence of the Two-Headed Nerd in her home each week. She did not write this bio. Pre-THN entries of Girl Meets Nerd can be found here.